- Black hair that looks perfectly tousled and deep green (emerald) eyes.
- Lean and muscular/athletic build (nice/well defined stomach and chest)
- Awesome smile (straight super white teeth)
- Brown hair with blonde highlights
- Small waist and medium-sized chest
- Eyes are hazel with golden flecks
- Start as classmates that do not have any type of friendship
- Must rely on one another immediately for survival
- Mutual crush develops early on, very innocent at first
- Ryder is desperate to save Brooklyn and his family
- He becomes jealous when Brooklyn a.k.a. Princess Sophie is married to Prince Algid
- His feelings for her grow and by the end of the book he declares his love for her
- She loves him too, but doesn’t get to share that with him, although they kiss several times
- Over the next two books, their relationship faces challenges. Eventually, their love will persist and they will end up together. Also, their relationship will become sexier over the next two books.
- Huge, blood dripping from twisted snout, thick scaly hide tenting over a muscular structure, skin is speckled green and brown making it superbly camouflaged, and she constantly smells like rotting fish.
- Razor sharp claws protruded several inches. Each claw is uniquely serrated to do maximum damage and they could slice through flesh with minimal effort.
- Green cat-like eyes (on the cover of Grishma and Ayla)
- Auburn (red) hair and blue eyes
- Tiny/very petite
In the world of Necoh, everyone fears Grishma, a hideous murderous beast responsible for ruining or ending the lives of anyone who dare cross her.
As a young boy, Ryder lived with his family, deep in the caves underneath the Kadin Forest, unaware of the horrors of the world. His simple world was turned upside down one horrible night when Grishma attacked his family, killing his father and kidnapping his mother and younger sister.
From that night on, Ryder devoted his life to killing Grishma. He tracked the monster from Necoh, to our world, and back again. Unfortunately, during his quest, he accidentally transported Brooklyn, a high school junior into his tumultuous world, where she is mistakenly identified as Princess Sophie, the missing princess of Sumner.
Days after Princess Sophie’s return, Grishma plots and manipulates the King into drugging and marrying off his only daughter to Prince Algid of Dratun. Desperate to save Brooklyn, who now believes she is the long lost princess, his mother, and his little sister, Ryder embarks on the deadliest part of his quest.
Will he save Brooklyn? Will she ever regain her memory? What will become of his mother and sister?
Through epic adventure, loss, and love, GRISHMA depicts the strength of the human spirit and the tight bonds formed by the unique creatures of Necoh.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I would like to thank the author Kelly Anne Blount for giving me this book for honest review. The storline is good, I enjoyed it very much. The characters are well developed and written. Where I had a problem was with the world building. I get that the characters think that the world is beautiful, but if you don't describe it so that I can picture it in my my mind, then that is a problem. For me, world building is just as important as the plots and character development. I am looking forward to reading the next book and I hope that Kelly grows with her writing and does a better job with the world building.
View all my reviews