Saturday, August 24, 2013

Awakening Colors by Ritu K Gupta




Paranormal Mystery
Date Published: 4/12/13

Awakening Colors will take you on a magical adventure!
Read this fascinating story that weaves together current times with ancient mythologies. Set in modern day Toronto, this book is an exciting story of adventures that evolve across material worlds into illusions and beyond.
Using his powers to reach into the world of illusions, Arche Lasarre is able to change destinies.  The power of his manipulations threatens all three worlds: the material, the illusionary and the timeless.
Visions of constantly changing destinies and futures depicted in vibrant colors - this is what Pari sees.  Mystified and confused, Pari initially hides her visions from others. She dismisses them as hallucinations.
Guided by scrolls left to her by the spiritual master Chanakya, Pari needs to discover her powers and define her own destiny.  Will she be seduced by the lure of Arche's power of illusions?  Will she choose her own path?  What will Pari do?
Find out now!

Interview:

1) First, tell us about yourself – where  you live, your family, and those sorts of details.

I live in Woodbridge, which is a suburb of Toronto, Canada.  I am married and have two kids – one human and one feline.  Even though parents are not supposed to have a favorite kid, I do.  It’s my cat Princess.

2) How long have  you been writing?

I have been writing since I has in my teens – so for many years.  I have written short stories, poems, essays, etc.  For about a year, I also wrote business articles for the Financial Post.  I have taken a few sabbaticals from writing over the years, but always returned.  To me, writing is my passion – one that I can enjoy too much.  You could say I’m addicted to writing.

3) Do you have a favorite place to write?

My home office.  This is where my desktop is setup and I tend to write there most often.  Although, I also enjoy writing late at night while in bed with my laptop.

4) Why did you decide to write Awakening Colors?

I have tried to write other books over the years.  For some reason, I would get to a point and then unable to write more.  I have multiple unfinished books somewhere on my computers and backup media.  In a couple of cases, I pushed through and finished the book, but I was not happy enough with it to publish it.
When I started writing Awakening Colors, I had a dream where I visited with the characters from my book.  It was like meeting family.  They became real to me.  After that dream, which reoccurred over many days, I knew – this book was the one which I would complete and be happy with.  I really enjoyed writing it, reading it, and rereading it.

5) Who is your favorite character in your book and why?

My favorite character is Pari because she doesn’t know what she knows, and also knows what she doesn’t know.  The paradox within her complicates her simplicity and makes her behave in ways that are contradictory to her own interests.
I have really enjoyed writing about Pari.  She is a character that I want to learn more about.

6) How about your least favorite character?  What makes them less appealing to you?

I love all my characters, of course.  Some are good in a bad way, and some are bad in a good way.  If I had to pick a character, I may pick Pari’s Dad.  He behaves selfishly and is greedy. But then if he wasn’t the way he was, it wouldn’t give Arche an opportunity to exploit him… ultimately feeding into Pari’s growth.

7) Do you proofread/edit your own books or do you get someone to do that for you?

I use an editor and a set of beta readers to ensure that my writing is free of distracting errors.  Allister Thompson is my editor.  My beta readers are my friends, but our friendship is such that they can be and often are brutally honest.

8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I like to walk, garden, read, play with my cat.  I also work full time at a job that I really enjoy.

9) Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?

I read a range of books, both fiction and non-fiction.  Salman Rushdie and Rohinton Mistry are two of my favorite authors.

10) What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.

Q: “In Awakening Colors, Time is used as a variable to change destinies.  Do you think this is possible?”

A: “Yes.  I know it is.”




Ritu K. Gupta

Rooted to her land of birth, India, and tied to her adoptive country Canada where she has lived for the past 25 plus years, Ritu combines her experiences and beliefs to weave seamless stories that will awaken your imagination and change the way you view the world.
Ritu is committed to working closely with a set of beta readers and her editor to write and publish quality works of fiction.
Besides writing, she loves to read, garden, meditate and to walk. She currently lives in Woodbridge, Ontario with her husband.
Her first book Awakening Colors is available for purchase on Amazon and Kobo.


BUY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment