Friday, August 9, 2013

Shepherd's Moon by Stacy Mantle



Shepherd’s Moon by Stacy Mantle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

It's taken twelve years to earn the official title of Shepherd but she's now mostly trained, fairly effective, and the first female in over two centuries to hold the position as protector of animals. All animals...

The Territorial Council isn't thrilled with her new title of Shepherd, but they don't have any more control over the appointment than they have over her. All they can really do is wait for her to screw something up - which Alex is determined not to do.

Everything changes when a chance encounter with a genetically modified Shifter leaves Alex shaken and initiates a quest to locate its maker.Despite years of training, Alex finds herself woefully unprepared to tackle the new threat.

To make matters worse, she must work with a mysterious man who's been trying to kill her since the day they met...

Excerpt:

He carried himself with the air of a man who gave orders rather than one who followed them. He was both beautiful and frightening.

“Hey, Warrior Princess!” he called out, stalking over the dead grass of the yard towards me. An air of disapproval hit me like a physical blow and I took a step back without even realizing it. A soft Georgia accent softened his words — made them seem almost cordial. “Who the hell do you think you are stomping all over my scene?”

“Alexandra Wilde,” I answered. “And it’s not your scene.”

He stepped closer and looked me up and down.

“Well, if it ain’t the Were Whisperer — as I live and breathe.” He shook his head, softly clicking his tongue. “I heard you might be around tonight.”

His words surprised me and I glanced around to see who had heard, but no one appeared to notice. What the hell did this guy know about me? I was torn between fear and anger, but before I could decide which emotion was more powerful, his gaze swept over the man at my feet and a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

“Who are you?” I asked in wonder.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he extended his hand. “The name’s Tristan.”

When he noticed I was still handcuffed, he shook his head. “Someone uncuff her!” As the officer removed the bands that held me, I took the moment to regroup and was somehow able to feign indifference to the man. Inside, I was shaking. But, damned if I’d let him know it.

I rubbed my wrists as the stranger summarily dismissed the officers with a single lift of his head. Eyeing the badge clipped to his jeans, I accepted my gun from the cop who had cuffed me and placed it in the front of my jeans, watching the officers disappear into the night. Cars backed out of the alley and in only a moment, we were alone.

“Well, Shepherd — you’re out of your jurisdiction. My men had very clear instructions to keep everyone out.”

“Then it appears you have some management issues,” I answered calmly.

My Review:  July 25, 2013  ~ Review Copies ~




Shepherd's Moon (The Shepherds, #1)Shepherd's Moon by Stacy Mantle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank the author Stacey Mantle for giving me this book for an honest review. I really enjoyed the storyline the characters were well written. The book has characters you can relate to, they have their flaws but are still likable. The main character is Alexandra Wilde, she is a shepherd. She has the ability to talk to animals and weres in their head and even control them if needed. The book differs from most were/shifter books with the fact instead of one species like wolf, her pack has different species, coyotes, hawks, horses cat and even a vampire. I look forward to reading more.

View all my reviews


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

While Stacy Mantle is most well-known as the Pack Leader of the popular website, PetsWeekly.com, however she is rapidly gaining a fan base in the genre of fantasy with the publication of Shepherd’s Moon, the first book in her Alex Wilde “Shepherd” series.

Stacy has a B.A. in English, a post-baccalaureate in Secondary Education, and an MBA with an emphasis on Marketing.  She is active in animal rescue and is a nationally-known pet industry authority.  She currently resides in the deserts of the Southwest with several cats, a few dogs, and a very understanding husband. You can learn more about her at http://www.StacyMantle.com

BUY LINKS:

Amazon (Paperback and ebook)

B&N (Paperback, Ebook)

Lulu (Hardback)

Smashwords (ebook)


NETWORKS:

Networks for Stacy Mantle: 
http://www.stacymantle.com
http://www.facebook.com/stacymantle
http://www.twitter.com/stacymantle
http://www.pinterest.com/stacymantle
http://plus.ly/stacymantle 

Shepherd Series Networks: 
http://plus.ly/shepherd
https://www.facebook.com/ShepherdSeries


PetsWeekly Networks:  (if you have any animal lovers on tour)
http://www.petsweekly.com
http://www.facebook.com/petsweekly
http://www.pinterest.com/petsweekly
http://www.twitter.com/petsweekly 
http://plus.ly/petsweekly


Stacy will be awarding a $15 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour, and a $10 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn host.  The more you comment the better your chances at winning.  Follow the tour here.


Goddess Fish Partner

11 comments:

  1. First meetings - a favorite scene of mine. I love her attitude.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorites as well! She and Tristan have a very volatile relationship and I love writing them. :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Love the woman power of her taking on a role normally held by men. I look forward to learning more about her

    fencingromein at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like strong female protagonists, I think you'll really enjoy this novel. She's a lot of fun to write! Thanks for participating in the virtual book tour. :)

      Delete
  3. Darlene, thank you for being a part of my virtual book tour and hosting Shepherd's Moon! So glad you enjoyed the novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most welcome and thank you for being my guest.

      Delete
  4. So what were your first thoughts once you had completely finished your book???

    andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thought was, "I can't believe I did it!" And the next thought was, "I'm not sure I can look at this novel eve again." It's so overwhelming because you know how much more work is ahead of you in terms of marketing and getting people to give it a chance. But, it's so worth it. There is no feeling in the world like completing a novel...

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the excerpt and for hosting! ;)

    ReplyDelete