An Ohioian I was born Erica Walcott and the youngest of three in a family of five. I became Eri (airy) from my mother who called me that for as long as I could remember. The short take on my name took on a more solid base with the love of my life and husband, Jeff Nelson.Together we have been for over twenty years.
2) How long have you been writing?
I guess I am no different from any other author if I said all my life.
3) Do you have a favorite place to write?
Any place quiet (she smirks).
4) Why did you decide to write Dearhart Clan Series?
It came on a call out from a publisher after I wrote my very first book that was around 40,000 words. Although they were asking for a story of only 15,000 words and eventually rejected it, something still sparked within in me to continue on with this short fast paced action packed books that gained in length with each new book.
5) Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
Through the series, it would be Wash. For he is more than what, at first, appears to be a villain.
6) How about your least favorite character? What makes them less appealing to you?
I honestly don’t think I have a least favorite. (She looks thoughtfully as if trying to thinking hard on the subject.)
7) Do you proofread/edit your own books or do you get someone to do that for you?
I do all of that myself. It is one reason I write the letter from the author in my books and bios. It is sort of like my disclaimer to my readers. This way they can push away from buying if that does not appeal to them
8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
It would seem I am always writing so I am not sure what I would do… (she giggles)
9) Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?
I love to read and since I have made connections with other authors that reading seems endless. Therefore so would be my list to favorite authors.
10) What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.
So far I have been lucky enough to be asked numerous questions, even the one above.
Thank you so much for allowing me this time with you and your readers.