Thanks for having me along!
Music is really important to me. My dad exposed me to everything from Wagner and Holst to Queen, Gary Cooper, and Aerosmith. I actually feel uncomfortable if I’m at home and don’t have music playing in the background.
So, it was kind of a given that music would play a major role in my writing. My best ideas come to me in flashes of inspiration while getting lost in a particular piece of music, and I listen to music while I write to keep myself focused and motivated.
I’d like to share with you some tracks that formed the core soundtrack for Silent Oath, in no particular order:
1. Unbroken, Black Veil Brides
2. Dragonborn, Jeremy Soule
3. All Coming Back To Me Now, Meat Loaf feat. Marion Raven
4. Santa Fe, Jon Bon Jovi
5. If You Were A Woman (And I Was A Man), Bonnie Tyler
6. Locked Within The Crystal Ball, Blackmore’s Night
7. Fleur Du Mal, Sarah Brightman
8. Dyin’ Ain’t Much of a Livin’, Jon Bon Jovi
9. Fight The Good Fight, Triumph
10. Stick To Your Guns, Bon Jovi
Some of these also helped me write Locked Within, the first book in the trilogy, and while I was drafting the third book. You’ll notice that three tracks have a strong western vibe to them. This is because, in this story of reincarnation, some of the most important events to happen to Nathan Shepherd occur in his memories of a life as a wandering monster hunter in the Old West.
I hope you enjoy these songs as much as I do, and that they give you a better idea of what I was feeling while I wrote Silent Oath.