Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blue Hearts of Mars by Nicole Grotepas



Seventeen-year-old Retta Heikkinen is in love with a boy--a thoroughly gorgeous, captivating, and mysterious boy known as Hemingway. The situation is rather ideal: he likes her, she likes him. There's just one little problem.

He's a blue heart, an android.

Being in a relationship is its own complicated mess, but how long can a forbidden love last? Soon Retta discovers a secret that could destroy the uneasy truce between the blue hearts and humans, which makes life under the domes on Mars possible. Would exposing what she knows make things better or worse? And how can she know for certain without exposing the secret?




My Review:  May 12, 2013   Review Copy ~


Blue Hearts of MarsBlue Hearts of Mars by Nicole Grotepas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First I would like to thank the author Nicole Grotepas for giving me this book for an honest review. I enjoyed the book very much. The main character Rhetta was annoying off and on, but then she was a teenager. I had a little bit of a hard time with the love at first meet thing that started out the book. I like how Nicole built the world, and everything was explained wRll like with the artificial intelligence etc.. without going all technical to where a person feels like the are going cross-eyed as some sci-fi authors tend to do. I really like Hemingway, Rhetta's android boyfriend, who is the reason she finally says why is it this way and goes about finding out and fighting the system. I liked Mei her crazy best friend, but sometimes she was over the top crazy. I enjoyed the ending of the book, good job Nicole.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment