Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Undead Heart by Tate Jackson



Rebecca Stockdale had enough issues in her life; parents that hated her for the strange abilities that she had been born with, she was about to move away from her sister and only friend, Bev, and she had had a really bad date that would change her forever. Just when she was about to escape the drama that she had always lived in, Richard, a vampyre, walked into her life and shattered her reality with one request; travel back in time to 1888 to stop a psychopathic vampyre bent on revenge and save the family she never knew she had. She would be joined on her journey by a band of vampyre hunters. Hunters who, centuries ago, had vowed to slay all vampyres. A vow they set aside to protect the family that they had come to love, knowing that the outcome of that decision would be an eventual battle. A battle of decapitation and blood; a battle they may not survive. She was leaving a life she would kill to get away from for a family she would gladly die to protect, but could she do it? Could she make it back alive? Did she possess the strength and courage it would take to change the past and save their future? She was about to find out. The Undead Heart is a tale of love, life, horror, humor and family and is the first novel in The Blood Thirst Series.



My Review:  May 17, 2013   Review Copy ~



The Undead HeartThe Undead Heart by Tate Jackson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank Tate Jackson for this book for an honest review. First I am going to get what I didn't care for out of the way. This book had way to many spelling and grammar errors, it is major need of editing. That being said, I love the story and characters. I would have liked to have known a little more about Beck and Bev's grandmother. I like that Bev was a strong big sister for Beck when she was growing up with parents that mistreated her because she was different. I really enjoyed that the vampyres and hunters were able to become a family. The time travel was interesting especially when you get that Beck was going back to observe Jack the Ripper. I liked Richard, although I fealt her ran off in anger way to much. Potter is one of my favorite characters and he made me laugh a few times. I wasn't expecting an open ended to be continued at the end of the book, but that is ok, since I am getting ready to read book 2. I would have given the book a five if it hadn't had the grammar errors and spelling mistakes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment