Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cassie Scot Mysteries by Christine Amsden


Cassie Scot Mystery Series
by Christine Amsden



Book One
Cassie Scot: Paranormal Detective

Blurb:

Cassie Scot is the ungifted daughter of powerful sorcerers, born between worlds but belonging to neither. At 21, all she wants is to find a place for herself, but earning a living as a private investigator in the shadow of her family’s reputation isn’t easy. When she is pulled into a paranormal investigation, and tempted by a powerful and handsome sorcerer, she will have to decide where she truly belongs.







Book Two
Secrets and Lies

Cassie Scot, still stinging from her parents’ betrayal, wants out of the magical world. But it isn’t letting her go. Her family is falling apart and despite everything, it looks like she may be the only one who can save them.

To complicate matters, Cassie owes Evan her life, making it difficult for her to deny him anything he really wants. And he wants her. Sparks fly when they team up to find two girls missing from summer camp, but long-buried secrets may ruin their hopes for happiness.





Excerpt:

The door opened with a jingle, and something in the air told me my day had just gone from bad to worse.

“Edward,” Victor said, as if greeting an old friend.

I faced my former father for the first time since he had announced his intention to disown me. He looked just as he always had, with straight dark hair, brown eyes, a long, angular face, and a wide, curving mouth – curving downward into a frown, that is.

If Victor was the last person I had expected to see in the diner that morning, then my former father was the last person I wanted to see. Even now, with Victor explaining my part in his unusual scheme for revenge, I didn't want my former father nearby. I didn't want his help. I only hoped Nicolas and Juliana hadn't broken their promise and told him about the life debt, or I would never hear the end of it.

The air crackled with visible tension. Sparks of shimmering red fire danced around my father's head. Behind the counter, Mrs. Meyers twisted her hands together anxiously, as if afraid her diner might burn down. Her fears were not unjustified.

I stepped boldly between them, facing my father. “What are you doing here?”

“We need to talk,” he said.

“I have nothing to say to you. You disowned me, remember?”

The color seemed to drain from his face as he stared past me, at his oldest enemy.

Victor raised his water glass in a mock toast. “I've known for some time. If it makes you feel any worse, so does everyone else in town who hasn't been asleep for a week. Or at least, they guess.”

“I don't care what you think you know. Stay away from my daughter.” With that, he grabbed my arm with a hand hot enough to leave a reddened imprint on my skin, and dragged me through the kitchen to the employee room at the back. Only then did he release my injured forearm.




AUTHOR Bio and Links:


Award-winning author Christine Amsden has written stories since she was eight, always with a touch of the strange or unusual. She became a “serious” writer in 2003, after attending a boot camp with Orson Scott Card. She finished Touch of Fate shortly afterward, then penned The Immortality Virus, which won two awards. Expect many more titles by this up-and-coming author.











My Review:  December 2013   ~ Review Copies ~


Cassie Scot: ParaNormal DetectiveCassie Scot: ParaNormal Detective by Christine Amsden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank the author Christine Amsden for giving me this book for an honest review.
I enjoyed reading this book, the characters are well written. Cassie is the odd man out in her family she is the only one not gifted with magical abilities, but that is fine with her. She is a very strong character. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. Keep up the great work Christine Amsden.

View all my reviews

My Review:  December 2013   ~ Review Copies ~


Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)Secrets and Lies by Christine Amsden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank the author Christine Amsden for giving me this book for an honest review. I enjoyed the action, adventure and mystery of this book. Christine Amsden did even better with this book, the characters are well developed and even the minor characters are believable. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

View all my reviews


The author will be awarding a $50 Amazon or B&N Gift Card to one randomly selected commenter.  Comment often for a better chance at winning, follow the tour here.

7 comments:

  1. I liked the excerpt and the reviews, they were very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your honest reviews!

    Between you and me (and now everyone else who's reading :) ), I like each book in the series a little better than the one before.

    Mind Games is set for May in print, probably April in ebook. Stolen Dreams is in another screen on my computer right now, undergoing final revisions... we're hoping to have it out this summer. That's it for Csasie, but Madison and Kaitlin are getting spin-offs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the review!

    vitajex(At)Aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you liked them, Dalene.
    How many books will there be in the series? Even though I'm a librarian, I'm terribly unfaithful to series. My reading strategy is unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy -- There are four books in the series. All are written and will be available soon. I'm working on final editorial revisions of book 4 now, and my publisher is hoping to get it out by July, so within about six months the whole series will be out.

    I am planning spin-offs involving some secondary characters, but Cassie's story is over in four books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reviews, I am looking forward to reading the rest of the stories in the series!

    ReplyDelete