The Sending is a thrilling, fast-paced, science fiction-romance that's impossible to put down. Edge-of-your-seat action scenes, and a romantic attraction so intense that it will make you want to turn down the air conditioning, The Sending is a great read that left me hungry for more. I loved this book! ~Sterling R. Walker, author of The Orphan Ship
It burned in her chest and wound its way through her veins. A light-headed semi-consciousness settled around her, and she no longer felt the soles of her feet where the floor touched them. Long accustomed to inducing the trance, Mara slid into the void where she united with the First.
His voice rumbled, pitched low as if he intended it to be calming. It wasn’t. “Clear your mind of everything except him. Remember, the Sending will work without a focus on the other end, but to find your target, you need to anchor yourself to him.”
His words rolled around her in the void, smothering her with a sickening, oily residue of fear. She cringed away from it, from the First, and couldn’t understand why his presence in the void would affect her so.
She launched herself in the opposite direction to escape it, picturing him, the target. She saw his long, lean body, the strong features of his face, and the dark blue eyes that anchored them.
But before they could meet, she felt a new sensation. A deep, insistent pressure both surprised and disturbed her. It began in her upper arms, as if angry hands gripped her there. The sensation heightened and the hands became hot, hateful brands that singed her flesh. Her body shook. Mara felt one tentative push before she was thrown violently toward the target. As she flew forward, the snake-like connection that had formed between her and the man reappeared, bright and fluid as before.
Then she screamed in agony and was gone from herself.
- $25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash Ends 10/13/14
- Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash.
- Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded.
- No purchase necessary.
- You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you.
- The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Giveaway was organized by Kathy from I Am A Reader and sponsored by the author.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.