1) First, tell us about yourself – where you live, your family, and those sorts of details.
I worked in advertising for ten years after completing a Bachelor of Arts with majors in communication and literature. Writing was a much-needed sea change.
I live in regional Australia with a husband, children and extensive collection of animals. I am convinced we have the world's bossiest goldfish.
In between writing, I kid wrangle, read my favourite authors, drink good coffee, garden and dream of getting another horse.
2) How long have you been writing?
Five years. But I’ve scribbled on and off since I was little.
3) Do you have a favorite place to write?
In a house full of children I’d say: anywhere that’s quiet, but the local Botanical Gardens early in the morning always inspires me.
4) Why did you decide to write The S.E.R.A. Files Volume I?
I wanted to try my hand at short stories and I have a littlie still at home and when our nanny left I had to balance writing with a toddler’s needs. My long length work was suffering from me being unable to devote long stretches to it. I find short stories easier to write in the time frames I have at the moment. But I will be slowly returning to longer length, as that’s where my heart is.
5) Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
I really like them all but if I had to choose, it would come down to Mercury and Navarre. I like the fact these guys are a bit more complex and they conceal parts of themselves – uncovering their emotions was exciting.
6) How about your least favorite character? What makes them less appealing to you?
Bryce. I didn’t hate him, but he was a bit of a smart-ass. I don’t think he’s as ‘deep’ as some of the other characters.
7) Do you proofread/edit your own books or do you get someone to do that for you?
I edit as I go, then do a final edit. Then I send it to my first CP (critique partner) who nitpicks it and I use her comments/suggestions/corrections and edit again. Then I send it to my second CP and do the same thing. Then it goes to my editor at Soul Mate Publishing. I go through two rounds of editing with her before a final check and then the book is ready.
8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
Dressage, reading, gardening, playing with my children, spending time with my husband.
9) Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?
I read voraciously! My favourite authors are Kresley Cole, JR Ward, Gena Showalter…there’s quite a list! I read Lothaire by Kresley Cole in less than five hours. Sadly this means I don’t often have a TBR pile.
10) Would you ever consider expanding the stories in The S.E.R.A. Files if there was enough interest from readers?
I’d like to think I could revisit each set of characters and expand on their story and I’m kind of sorry they are short. But I guess that ultimately, once a story is written it’s done for me. Each tale is what it is and when I have told it, that’s The End.