Monday, December 16, 2013

Through the Oracle's Mist by Aedan Byrnes



Through the Oracle’s Mist
by Aedan Byrnes


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

In the blackest night, with the moon and stars to guide him, she would always be there waiting…

Cyrenna thought she died the day she watched Tynan and his brothers jump through the banishment portal in an act of solidarity with Rigor. Little did she know, it would be the first of many deaths she would experience in her quest to claim his heart. She would surrender not only her immortal soul, but a mortal one repeatedly. Through a deal with the great Oracle, she has multiple mortal lifetimes to change the direction of her future and have a chance with Tynan.

Her journey spans the ages from the GenPei War in Japan and the Silk Road west, to Cromwell, the Three Kingdoms and modern times, bringing her one step closer to forever until she makes a misstep. Then, the burden falls to Tynan. The only thing that is absolute is her fervent hope that he will come, but there’s one big problem.

Through it all, he doesn’t so much as know her name.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt:

I am informed that she has been given a choice to stay in his home or return to the teahouse, but as of yet, her decision had not been voiced. I should leave her with Yoritomo. I know I will not stay here long now. He will take great care of those in his household. Remembering her request, I cannot help but wonder what her choice would be. Kicking myself all the while, I explain the situation of how years earlier she had been in my care before the war and that I had contacted Zhawei to teach her. I relay too, her enquiry too about serving one day in my house.

As a Shikken Regent, I would soon have a house to serve. I enquire carefully if her choice can be amended to include my home. As fortune, or misfortune would have it, since we are in Kyoto, a messenger is dispatched to Zhawei for confirmation of my tale. Confirmation comes back the same night. Zhawei herself returns with the messenger to relay the tale and I think to verify that I was in fact the Daimyo she had met years ago. The Yoritomo asks me to accompany him to speak to Michiko.

From the corner, I see her eyes fly wide when he tells her he has to rescind his offer. Only when he goes on to explain that another benefactor has come to light, that it was me, and that Zhawei has confirmed the tale I have told him does she seem to relax. Then she begins to cry. I know little of women. I know less of women’s tears. Unsure what to do, I wait…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

There is no simple description for Aedan Byrnes. Obsessive, dreamer, reclusive, compulsive, outdoorsman and wordsmith would be among the list if one were started. The displaced Gael lives in the upper Midwest with family between jaunts wherever the road takes him. A frequent traveler, he is as likely to be found rock climbing or spelunking as sitting fireside dreaming or aimlessly floating away.

A lifelong lover of words and writing, he claims a diverse reading appetite and his writing reflects the myriad influences. A self-proclaimed 'reader's writer', he looks for the emotional and the sensory in word combinations, not just the visceral comprehension of phrases in the stories he crafts and his love of all things literary shines through.
  
https://www.facebook.com/#!/AedanByrnes

Twitter   AedanByrnes
fan made video trailer:http://youtu.be/wdW5BBP6wcs

http://www.cafepress.com/AuthorAedanByrnes


Aedan will be awarding one of two journals (with the winners' choice of covers) to two randomly drawn commenters and an Erian Crest necklace as a grand prize to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour.  Comment often for a better chance at winning.  Follow the Tour here.


My Review:  December 2013   ~ Review Copies ~


Through the Oracle's MistThrough the Oracle's Mist by Aedan Byrnes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank the author Aedan Byrnes for giving me this book for an honest review. This story is the first of a new series and I have to say Aedan Byrnes is a truly talented author. I love the characters and the story keeps you wanting more. I want to know what is going to happen for all the brothers and I hope we will find out in upcoming books.

View all my reviews

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me Dalene. I'll check in again through the day as I have time to spend on your site more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written book, Aedan! Love the story and the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for tae lovely 5-star review on Amazon as well Dalene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Dalene Through the Oracles Mist leaves you wanting more from the Warriors and the ladies. It's going to be tough but I will try to be patient and wait for the Warriors Watchtower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by Dalene's Book Reviews to see Through the Oracle's Mist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Through the Oracle's Mist Bookblast winner of the Erian Crest necklace- Joyce Holmes.

    Congratulations also to bn100candg (Lysette?) & Adrienne deWolfe who won participation prizes. They each get their choice of journal from my cafepress store. ((http://www.cafepress.com/authoraedanbyrnes))

    Thank you to all who participated.

    (The complete randomizer list for the winner drawing is available on my author page:: https://www.facebook.com/AedanByrnes)

    ReplyDelete