Thursday, July 24, 2014

Boulton Quest Book Review Blitz



One troubled, the other trouble
One regrets, the other hates
One builds, the other destroys

Their parents are kidnapped in a home invasion and Christopher and Michael must unite or die in their quest to find them. Adventure turns to mystery when the brothers follow a hunch leading them over the Pacific Coast Mountains, across the ocean, and to a fortified island where they fight for their lives with tragic results.


Brothers, Bullies and Bad GuysBrothers, Bullies and Bad Guys by N.D. Richman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank the author N.D. Richman for giving me this book for an honest review. This book was very well written, especially as it's main audience target is reluctant readers. The story is action packed and has everything that reluctant readers would love to read about. The characters are well written. I would have liked to have seen the boys try to guess at what was going on, I think it would have added to the story and also, what child is not going to use their imagination to figure out what is going on. I think it could have added some very funny add-ins to the story. Over all the book is a great read and I am going to have my grandsons read it. I look forward to reading the next book.

View all my reviews



Christopher and Michael become multi-millionaires and their greed endangers Katherine's life. While Christopher, Michael and Thomas are racing to rescue her, Robert Cain’s army steals the mysterious machine and his frightening intentions become clear.

Can Michael beat his inner demons?

Will Katherine lose the will to survive?

In this exciting sequel to Brothers, Bullies and Bad the future becomes clear, and it seems things can only get worse.


Sinners, Survivors and Saints (Boulton Quest, #2)Sinners, Survivors and Saints by N.D. Richman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, I would like to thank the author N.D. Richman for giving me this book for an honest review. Again as with the first book this book was very well written, especially as it's main audience target is reluctant readers. The story is action packed and full of adventure. Since the story takes up where the first book left off, I wish that some things would have been better explained/incorporated in the story. For example where did the boys get the money from, and who taught Michael these skills or was he already a natural and learned them young, things like that. I like how close Michael, Chris, Katherine and Thomas have all become, they are great friends. The characters are better developed in this book. Again as with the first book this book is a great read and I am going to have my grandsons read it. I look forward to reading the third book when it come out.

View all my reviews


About this author

I started to write for my son, a reluctant reader. I set out to write a series of books that captivated from the first chapter and pushed the reader through with a solid plot, relentless action and adventure, and humour.

Comments received from parents and teachers indicate I've accomplished my goal. I'm very proud of the Boulton Quest Series. It has captivated the hearts of reluctant readers around the world, boys and girls alike, and is entertaining their brothers, sisters, parents, and grandparents.

Camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and getting into trouble. What a great way to grow up. One of my favourite memories is sitting on the handlebars of my brother's bike, my dog on my lap, as he careened down the steep mountain trails above our home in Kamloops, BC. My brother and I had caves, tree forts, frog filled ponds, and cactus patches to play in, and sling shots for protection. Somehow I survived my childhood and proudly moved on to fatherhood. My children, Christopher, Michael, Thomas, and Katherine, kindly donated their names, characters, and ideas to this series of books. Together, we created a gut-wrenching life and death adventure that has brought sparkles to the eyes of those who have read it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dalene.

    Thank you so much for your kind reviews of the Boulton Quest Series of books. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into reading and reviewing the books, and I'm glad you enjoyed them!

    Thanks again.

    David Richman

    ReplyDelete