Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Night of Elisa by Isis Sousa




Title: The Night of Elisa
Author: Isis Sousa
Series: Stand Alone 
Genre: Gothic/Paranormal 
Publisher: Tragic Books
Release Date: May 30 2014
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook & Print 

Blurb/Synopsis:

.: A Gothic Novella :.

Sometimes, life and love can follow the most obscure paths, just as they did for Elisa.
Her life becomes a dark, cold, lonely cage the day the Devil takes her as his wife. He robs her of almost everything she holds dear: her health, her wealth and what is left of her family.
Trapped between the nuances of life and beyond-life, Elisa finds herself struggling for a better tomorrow. With her health deteriorating, how will she summon the courage and strength to stand her ground? And how far will she go in the pursuit of a dream?
Embark with Elisa on this puzzling Gothic adventure set in the late Victorian era, between the world of the Living and the picturesque, melancholic Duskland.

* * * 

"It is strange... How can I 'go home' when I have no memories of that place at all?"
- Elisa

"Stop it, Elisa. You're bleeding, my darling!"
- Leonhard

"Ah, love, the biggest poison and most dangerous drug there is."
- Dr. Charles



Book Links
Amazon Non Illustrated Edition 
Lulu Illustrated Edition 
Barnes and Noble Non Illustrated Edition
Smashwords Non Illustrated 



Excerpt:

‘Elisa’ calmed and the struggle was over. How dare she speak of me like I’m already dead? I know these faces… Father Johannes was throwing holy water over her bed and chanting in Latin.
“E-l-i-s-a i-s b-a-c-k!” a loud voice echoed in the room for all to hear. Quentin was very surprised. “She is back! Father Johannes, how is it possible?”
Father Johannes’ voice was frail. He was a short, gibbous man with an aquiline nose and big, deep eyes. “God the almighty never betrays us, my son!” He raised the wooden cross with his right hand.  “Whatever evil was holding her from life – from death – is here no more!” He came closer to Quentin, reaching for his ear. “She is strong, my son! Keep pretending until the last moment. We don’t want it to happen, but if she survives we don’t want her to tell anyone about what we did.”
“If she survives it will be for a very short time. I will take care of her once and for all, Father!” Quentin pretended he was seeing a miracle from the seven heavens. His young wife back from the dead! How was it possible? We did everything we could, but you persisted… “Elisa, my dearest, you’re alive! You live! You have come back to us!” Quentin continued, admiring that she had endured so much.







“I am not a writer, neither is writing one of my passions, on the contrary; I see it as a necessary evil! I like to say I am an illustrator and storyteller.
I was born and raised in Brazil and since 2009, been living in Norway with my best-half. I work as illustrator and graphic designer from my home-office, in slippers and comfy clothes. (Would really prefer PJs, but here and there someone knocks on the door!)
Love Heavy Metal, Fantasy and Dark Fantasy and most forms of art.” 



Author Links






1 comment:

  1. Dear Dalene, thanks for the lovely spotlight for The Night of Elisa on your blog! Thanks for the great opportunity and spreading the word! I'm making a pin about it and sharing the link of your blog as well on my channels! Have many cozy reads and all my best wishes :D

    ReplyDelete