Thursday, July 31, 2014

Connected by A.E. Murphy


 Welcome to the promotional event for CONNECTED by A.E. Murphy!


“I just needed to forget for a while, which is funny because you're the cause of all of this angst. You're the reason for my guilt, yet you're the one person that makes me forget the world. How insane is that?"



Title: Connected (Broken #2)
Author:: A. E. Murphy
Series:: The Broken Series
Genre: New Adult
Publication: June 4, 2014

"Emotionally gripping, psychologically complex, and deeply romantic, A.E. Murphy's brilliantly drawn characters in the BROKEN series will stay with you long after you turn the last page." --Heather Anastasiu, author of Glitch (St. Martin's Press)

Stuck between what feels wrong but should be right and what is definitely wrong but feels so right, Gwen has to deal with her new life and being a single mother to her baby, Dillan. Whilst trying to move on and fill the gaping hole that Caleb left behind, she struggles with the knowledge of what happened to Nathan. She doesn't know how to deal with it, knowing it could be her that saves him, but not wanting to betray Caleb, who still holds the largest piece of her heart. Her mind is a mess and, just as life starts looking better, dark secrets and a past she shouldn't be a part of threaten to rip her bliss into shreds.

Who will she choose? And, more importantly, can they survive what is thrown their way?

This is the final part to the Broken series.

Mature readers only. 18+




 
My phone rings, it’s not even seven in the morning. Nathan. Ugh, what does he want? It’s too early to argue. “Hello?”

“Get Dillan ready, I’ll be there in two hours.” And the line goes dead.

Are you fucking kidding me? No. Dillan had me up half of the night. I’m sleeping and I’m going to remain this way until he wakes me up again. Screw you and your orders.

Besides, my eyes won’t stay open long enough for me to get out of bed.

I let out a startled choke when the blanket is pulled from my body, disturbing me from my pleasant dreams that I no longer remember. “What the hell?” I blink away my blurred vision and glare at a scowling Nathan. He’s looming over me in a way that tells me he probably wants to throttle me right now. “I could have been naked.” I practically am in only a top and knickers.

“I called you two hours ago, only to find you still sleeping?” He scoffs and walks over to the cot where Dillan is now awake and crying, probably from my sudden screech of fear.

“I don’t remember a call,” I lie and sit up, my hands immediately begin rubbing my eyes. Wait… “How did you get in?”

“I knocked, your mum answered.”

“Oh. It’s nine in the morning, why are you wearing a suit?” Not that he doesn’t look good. He really does.

“Could you get up and pack his things? I’ll bring him back on Monday.”

“I never agreed to the length of time or you even picking him up. Not to mention the fact I don’t have a number to contact you. Which makes me feel very uneasy.” I stand, not feeling modest in the slightest. “I’m going to have a shower.”

“I have places I need to be,” he snaps and my anger at his tone peaks, “Then you shouldn’t be taking Dillan!”

“I’ll get him ready myself.”

“You do that,” I say around a yawn and pull open the door. “I’ll be about fifteen minutes. I want to say goodbye before he leaves.”

His jaw clenches but he remains silent, which I’m eternally grateful for.

I take my time showering, just to be awkward. I also take my time getting dressed and drying my hair, again… just to be awkward.

“Today would be nice, Guinevere!” Nathan calls up the stairs, making me snigger. Why am I pushing him?

After making him wait another ten minutes, I finally make my way downstairs. He’s sitting on the couch with Dillan on his chest, looking casual and content. Well, as casual as one can look in an expensive suit. “Sorry it took me so long.” No I’m not. Not in the slightest.

Nathan lifts Dillan up and over his face, making him smile and gurgle. “She’s not is she? Not at all. She’s silently laughing at me.” His voice is high and happy, I love it when he speaks to Dillan like this. “Mummy is mean, yes she is.” Uh-oh.

“Puke face,” I say with a wince but it’s too late.

 



I'm 23 and I’ve been writing since I could hold a pen in my hand! I love to write, it’s my passion, and I never stop. In fact I love to write so much I have started over one hundred and fifty different books before finally completing my first ever novel 'A Little Bit of Crazy' which I published in May 2013 on Amazon for Kindle. I was grateful when I received feedback as it helps me be a better writer.

When I'm not writing, I love spending time with my family and when I get some spare time (not easy with young children!) it’s either reading or listening to music. You won’t find me without a book or my Kindle in my hand. I read whilst I’m cooking, cleaning, talking, walking… you could say reading is my other passion!






Q&A with A.E. Murphy


Q:  Do you have any strange writing habits (like standing on your head or writing in the shower)? 

A:  I once wrote across my partner’s chest. I was taking notes when he snatched my notebook and threw it across the room, all I had was a pen. It was either his chest or his face. I needed to get down what was in my head before I forgot. Other than that I’m pretty normal.
  
Q:  What song would be the theme to your life? 

A:  Oooh, I genuinely have no idea, but it would have to be really cool and dramatic so that when I walk into a room everybody sees me do it in slow motion. I’d remove my sun glasses and flip my hair over my shoulder before giving a chin dip to a passing stranger.

Q:  If you were a superhero, what would your name be and what super power would you have? 

A:  My super power would be to absorb books. Definitely. Then whatever books I absorbed, I’d be able to bring the characters to life and I’d absorb the powers of my choice from said books too. That would be amazing. I’d call myself, Paige Turner and my superhero name would be, Liber Libri. This means book in Latin. Everything sounds better in Latin. I’m totally copyrighting this idea right now! (Inspiration comes from the weirdest places).

Q:  If you were a book heroine, who would you be? 

A:  Paige Turner aka Liber Libri, I haven’t written this yet but when I do, I so want to be her.


Q:  Tell us about Nathan.

A:  Nathan is a complex man who was raised by his grandfather. Due to a bad upbringing and negligent parents, he’s got a few quirks that set him apart from most men. I think he’s just desperate to love and be loved. Desperate to accept and be accepted. Desperate to find normal and be normal. I think this is pretty much what everybody wants, but with Nathan, because he’s not had any of that, it’s harder for him to find and harder for him to deal with when he does find it. Therefore no matter how frustrating he can get, just remember he’s dealing. Or trying to at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment