Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Love's Intensity by Cassandra Ulrich




Love’s Intensity by Cassandra Ulrich


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Brad loves fast horses, cars, and bikes.  Life would be perfect if his stepmother could only mind her own business.  Instead, his father hired a longtime friend and her family to work in their home, turning his world into a feudal mess.

He wants to hate the new arrivals and it doesn’t help that Kressa, daughter of the newcomers, is the most gorgeous girl he’d ever laid eyes on.  With a scent that draws him to her, Kressa causes him more internal conflict than he ever dreamed possible.  He falls for her so deeply, he tells her a secret he’d never even told his best friends – that he’s training to be a ninja warrior.

Kressa adores her country and loves hanging out with her many cousins.  News of the move to Massachusetts comes as a shock to her.  She refuses to be happy in this new place working as a servant for a rich man and his mean son, who had the nerve to be cute.  And why does her skin tingle every time her hand brushes against his?

Despite her efforts, she finds herself desperately longing for a friendship with the one boy who scowls at her.  Matters are only made more complicated when his family and hers clash. When he goes on a dangerous mission, she wonders, will he return so she can tell him he’s won her heart or will their families manage to keep them apart?

Excerpt:

Brad had been standing in the doorway in time to see Kressa fall off the horse.  When he had gotten up and walked to the office to grab the key, he found it missing and figured Kressa must have already taken it.  Running to the stable, he hoped she was okay setting up her horse for the ride.  From the way she was sprawled out on the stable floor, he could tell she had a little difficulty.  Brad walked over to Kressa and gave her the boost she needed to sit properly on the saddle.

“Good job with the saddle,” Brad encouraged Kressa, “but next time you may want to use the stepping stool I got you yesterday.  Keep Gentle Rider tied up to this post until you get settled, then you can untie her.”  Moving the rake and pitchforks to the far end of the stable, Brad continued, “I have no idea what I would have done if you landed on these.  I should have made sure these were properly put way, so the horses wouldn’t knock them over.”  He picked up and brought the stepping stool over, placing it near Gentle Rider’s area.

“I suppose Papa would have had your head too.”

“Yeah, I’m glad you’re okay.”

Kressa rode her horse out the stable while Brad got his horse saddled, fed, and watered. After leading Silver Bullet into the yard, he asked Kressa, “Did you give her feed and water?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~




AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Cassandra Ulrich was born on the beautiful island of St. Croix, United States Virgin Islands, located east of Puerto Rico.  Living in the tropics fueled her imagination and day dreams.  For years, she wrote poetry and entered competitions.  However, only many years later did she discover joy in writing stories longer than a few pages.
She published her first young adult novel, A Beautiful Girl, in April 2011.  The inspirational novel has already touched many hearts ranging from teens to adults.
Her second novel, Love’s Intensity, is a teen paranormal romance, released on July 11, 2013.



Cassandra will be awarding a $10 Wild Child Publishing GC to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour.  Be sure to comment often, the more you comment the better your chances of winning, follow the tour here.

My Review:  August 2013   ~ Review Copies ~

Love's IntensityLove's Intensity by Cassandra Ulrich
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, I want to thank Cassandra Ulrich for giving me this book for an honest review. I enjoyed the book, there was a lot of things going on in this story, some humorous, others drama. I liked the characters. I would recommend this book to young teens and young adults.

View all my reviews

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting my book review today and for your gracious review. I really appreciate it. I'm excited to hear from everyone reading this review. I'll be checking in later this evening to answer any questions left throughout the day. I will also post two questions for readers to answer for a chance at the prize..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad likes fast cars, horses, and bikes. I would love to get my hands on a Lamborghini. What vehicle would you like to go fast in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kressa misses her home country Mexico. I am from the U.S. Virgin Islands, but I'd love to see the castles in Germany. Where do you wish you could go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back and ready to answer your questions about my novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time to say good night. Thanks again, Darlene, for you review of my novel. It's much appreciated. Also, thanks to those who stopped by to read the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cassandra...What's the best age group for reading your book? Is it tweens, older teens, new adult?
    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine and thanks so much for your question. The best age group is 14+. I would suggest a parent read along with a tween.

      Delete