1) First, tell us about yourself – where you live, your family, and those sorts of details.
I’m 27 years old and I live with my husband and our lovely morkie puppy, Darby, in the UK.
2) How long have you been writing?
Since I can remember. I’ve always loved creating stories!
3) Do you have a favorite place to write?
I can write anywhere, I think I need to because I can’t always find the time to write up in my study.
4) Why did you decide to write Returned?
I started writing Returned because I was having a massive book hangover from the Harry Potter series and I needed to read a book about witches. I couldn’t find any that interested me, so I wrote one instead.
5) Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
I have many favourites, I do love Cora because she is very much like me. I also love Tabitha and Ember. They are two very strong, independent women!
6) How about your least favorite character? What makes them less appealing to you?
Evander! I hate him, as do all my readers. He is mean, self righteous and not really worth the air he breathes.
7) Do you proofread/edit your own books or do you get someone to do that for you?
I do all of the above but I also have BETA readers who also run through my work. I recently started working with an editor too who is good at pushing me.
8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I love film, so I will watch films all day long. I also spend time with my family and friends seen as though I spend a lot of time with my ‘book’ friends.
9) Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?
I read quite a fair bit, I try to get through a book a day if writing isn’t so intense. My all time favourite author is Nora Roberts! I love her work! Another favourite author is Harlan Coben, brilliant writer and such a lovely guy!
10) What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.
Ooooo this is a hard question.... I can’t think if a question... I suppose I’ve never been asked why I chose witches... I would have to say that out of all the supernatural people I could pick, vampires, werewolves etc... I always think witches are the ones that will never date... and I love what you can do with them. Just my opinion.
Thank you for the interview!
Pendle Hill Series, Book One
17 year old Cora Hunt has one wish, to live the life of a normal teenager. Her wish never comes true.
After her reluctant move to a sleepy village in the middle of Lancashire Cora's life is turned upside down when she discovers she is a witch. Cora is not just any old witch, she is the daughter of Alizon Device who was one of the most powerful witches of her time.
Dealing with her new found powers is quite a challenge, but when the past she didn't know about unearths new complications in the form of Jack Thomas, her life becomes increasingly dangerous with each waking minute. Jack also has a secret past, a past that clashes with Cora's.
A confrontation between the two results in a life or death situation. The brutal events of 1612 happened hundreds of years ago, but what Jack and Cora face is a definite déjà vu.
The only question is, will their fate be the same as those who perished in 1612?