Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Rose of Thorne by Mia Michelle


Mia Michelle Interview Questions

What sparked your interest in becoming a romance writer?  

I have written stories since I was six years old and I have always wanted to see the ‘happily ever after’ happen between two people.  I think that once we are with someone for a long time, we easily forget how wonderful everything had felt when it  was new and exciting.  I love immortalizing that feeling for the reader.

What was the first romance novel you read that made an impression on you? 

Danielle Steel’s Heartbeat.

Tell us 5 surprising things about yourself 

1) I love zombie and vampire shows. 
2) I love dancing in clubs. 
3)  I have a slight obsession with Betty Boop(okay it’s a HUGE obsession). 
4) I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Degree in Child Development. 
5) I love MMA Fighting!!!

What is your writing environment? 

Anywhere I can park my booty and laptop.  This has varied from the hood of my jeep to my bathroom floor.  I will write anywhere!

One of your favorite quotes. 

“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”-Dr. Seuss

Who is your perfect hero? And why? 

My daddy was my perfect hero. Growing up, I thought he was invincible and could protect me from anyone or anything.  He shielded me from so much of the harshness of the world until I was ready to face it on my own. He wasn’t afraid to admit when he was wrong and always stood up for what he thought was right. My hero was a humble man that would have given the shirt off his back if you needed it and never asked for recognition. I looked up to him when I was a  child and I know that my hero is now looking down from Heaven with a smile.

Which authors have caught your interest lately? Why? 

Harper Sloan, HM Ward & M. Leighton. Their writing styles are so captivating to me.  They pull me in from the beginning and leave me begging for more!!

What type of book have you always wanted to write? 

I have always written romance stories.  I love it when two people’s lives come together in unique ways to form a forever.

Who are your dream dinner party guests? 

Ooohhh..Can we lick the dinner male eye candy? LOL.. Ian Somerhalder, David Beckham, Jensen Ackles, Colin Farrell, Alex O’Loughlin, Chris Hemsworth, Emmy Montes, Raine Miller, HM Ward, Olivia Cunning, Sarah Fawkes, Jasinda Wilder, and R.K. Lilley.

What’s the last movie you watched and loved?  

Gosh this is really a hard one.  I would have to say The Conjuring since it was the best scary show I have seen in decades!!  Safe Haven would be choice for a feel good movie that I loved.

Most __outspoken_ in high school. (popular, nerdy, sporty…) Why?

I was pretty popular in high school but I was also a bit nerdy.  I played piccolo and flute in the high school band. 

Top three things on your bucket list.

1)To go back to New Zealand
2)To shop on Bond street in London.
3)To go skinny dipping with David Beckham- Hey a girl can dream!

How did you get the idea for this particular novel?  

The idea of Rose of Thorne came to me over 12 years ago and I immediately started writing down it in multiple journals. No one except close personal friends and family had ever seen my work. I have to give thanks to one of those close personal friends, who encouraged me by telling me she believed in my story.

What is your favorite scene in your new release? 

The ballet studio love scene is my personal favorite.

If you could be one of your characters – Who would you be? And why? 

I would have to say I would want to be Lucas.  He isn’t afraid to take chances and always looks at life with a smile. I would absolutely love to have his charm and confidence! 

Flirting Questions

Which actor or book character do you have a crush on?  

Book- James Cavendish ; Actor- Jensen Ackles.

What’s your favorite body part of the opposite sex? 

Mmm..DUH! The love stick!  But since we need to be less sex crazed, I will say the upper back-shoulder region. And when it is tanned with tattoos…Umph! **Drool!

What does love feel like? 

Love feels like coming home.

Hey, baby! What’s your sign? 

Taurus

When was your last kiss?

Thirty minutes ago.

What’s an absolute no-no in a relationship? 

Leaving the toilet seat up!! J Actually cheating is the big NO for me in a relationship.

How did you meet your significant other? 

I met my husband when I was seventeen years old while out cruising town with my friends.  He was a handsome cocky and just got into my vehicle and demanded my phone number.  I had just broken up with someone, so I hated all men at the time, but I gave my number to him anyways.  He actually reconfirmed my phone number with my best friend to make sure I didn’t try to deceive him. He called me the next day and we have now been together nineteen years and married eighteen.

What’s your idea of a perfect date? 

Any meal that I don’t have to cook!  Dinner at sunset on beach surrounded by candles.

If you could take a romantic trip, where would it be?  

I would love to travel to Ireland with my husband one day. 

Do you believe in love at first sight?  

Absolutely!

Flirting Quickies:


Boxers or Briefs? COMMANDO!  Boxer briefs  

Facial hair or clean shaven? Give me some scruff baby!

Alpha or Beta?  Alpha

Planner or Panster? Panster

White wine or red? WHISKEY! Red

Coffee or tea? Neither

Vanilla or chocolate? Vanilla!!

Sweet or salty? Sweet (Spicy!!)

Sleep in or get up early? Definitely Sleep in!!!

Laptop or desktop? Laptop

Beach or mountains? Beach

Winter or summer? Summer

Cat or dog? Dog

Twilight or Fifty Shades? Fifty-“Laters’ baby!”

Spotlight or In the Shadows?  Shadows

City or Country? Country

Clubbing or candlelight dinner? Candlelight dinner

Backpacking or luxury hotel? Hotel!!

Morning or night person? Night Owl! Hoot Hoot!

Christmas or Halloween? Christmas

Optimist or pessimist? Optimistic pessimist










Blurb:

When a drunk driver tragically orphans Skylar Rose at the age of sixteen, she leaves her dreams behind and takes on the daunting task of helping her elderly grandmother raise her young sister. While other girls her age were living a typical carefree life, she was picking up double shifts at a local café and struggling to pay the bills. 

Always putting her sister’s needs and school first, Skylar has never had time to date or develop relationships. Now a senior in college, she has her sights set on an amazing internship opportunity. The last thing she needed was for a sexy distraction like Sebastian Thorne to walk into her life. 

Sebastian Thorne had been an entitled and reckless nineteen year old when he got behind the wheel of his new sports car that night. When his night of indulgence goes tragically wrong, Sebastian hesitantly turns to the one person, he knows can make everything go away…the one person he hates ..his father.

Now twenty-six, Sebastian is the young enigmatic and powerful CEO of his late father’s design company, Thorne Enterprises. With both millions in the bank and a new woman on his arm almost every night, the world never knew the dark secret he carried inside. Still plagued with nightmares from the night of that horrific accident and having to leave the beautiful girl behind, Sebastian vows to find the one that haunts his dreams. Sometimes the choice of revisiting our past opens the door to a future that we never thought possible.

Haunted by their past, these two want nothing more than to have their life given back to them. But what do you do when the person who gave you back your life, was the very one that took it from you in the first place?

* BOOK 2 THORNELESS will follow VERY VERY SOON!! Contains sexual content and abusive situations. Recommended for readers 18+ years.


Excerpt:

I stand here in my driveway watching the movers place the last remaining box in their van.  The house is nothing but a shell now, much like I am.  It once represented so much happiness, but now it feels like nothing but an empty void.  I slowly walk through the only home that I have ever known, for the final time. I put my hand on every possible surface in the house, as if I am taking the memory with me.  Touch.  I pat my hand on the kitchen counter where my momma and I tossed flour on each other while we made my daddy’s favorite cake. We always made such a huge mess, but we had so much fun. Touch My hand slides across the butterflies that adorn my little sister’s bedroom wall.  My daddy and I spent the rainy afternoon painting them to surprise Sophie with. Touch.  My fingers trace the marks and dates written on the hallway wall. My parents religiously had measured us to mark our growth over the years.  I wish I could cut this out of the wall.  I don’t want them painted over.  I don’t want them erased as if we were never here.  I snap a picture with my phone so I can have this with me wherever I am.
I can’t fathom another family making memories here; the sold sign out front is painful enough to look at. With one last look around, I shut the front door.  I can see Sophie’s heartbroken face as she stares back at me through the car window.  While all I want to do is break down and cry I know I can’t.  I have to be strong for that sweet face in the window looking back at me. She needs me now, more than ever, and I need her just as much.



Author Links

Bio:

Mia fell in love with the literary world at a very young age and began putting her active imagination to pen and paper by the age of six. Over the years, she has filled up numerous shelves with her notebooks and journals of her favorite stories. Twelve years ago, Mia began drafting The Thorne Series and through encouragement of a close friend, decided to finally take the leap of faith to bring her dream to life. She openly admits to having a hopeless infatuation with her Kindle and suffers from the one-click book addiction (No intervention required). 

Mia is currently a stay at home mom who has mastered the fine art of making a PB&J sandwich in between laundry and shuttling kids to ballet and swimming. In her spare time (“What spare time?” She laughs), she enjoys photography, traveling, and having a girls night out with her pals. She enjoys the simple things in life, such as sleeping more than 3 hours per night and 10 minute showers without being interrupted by children yelling “mommy” from the other side of the bathroom door. 

Mia Michelle resides in Tennessee with her soul mate and husband of 18 years and their 2 beautiful young children. She is currently working on her Masters in Counseling and drafting her new series. 


Enter to Win!








No comments:

Post a Comment